Pandan aka screw pine, this is the plant that's available year long at my parent's house even before I was born, I guess. I am familiar with the fragrance and sweet aroma of pandan leaves because my mom used to make sweet soup and cakes using pandan leaves. We love anything with pandan flavour! Well, what I mean here, it's truly the extract from fresh pandan leaves, not pandan paste or artificial pandan essence. Those are 'not acceptable' by the food critic in our house.
I was pampered with all the yummy homemade food prepared by my mom when I was young, now it's time for me to do it for the next generation. :D
|Home baked pandan bread for my son to eat during school recess.|
If you are packing food for kids, LIKE and FOLLOW >> Miki's Food Archives Facebook to receive more school snack ideas.
This soft pandan loaf recipe was adapted from the Pandan Custard Bun. This time I would like to make a tall standing loaf, hence, I modified the recipe to yield lighter and fluffier bread. And yes, it's a successful one!
Sponge Dough: 中种面团：
200g Bread Flour 高筋面粉 200克
4g Instant Yeast 酵母 4克
20g Milk Powder 奶粉 20克
25g Egg (lightly beaten) 蛋液 25克
100g Pandan Juice (blend pandan leaves with water) 斑斓汁 100克 （斑斓叶加水打汁）
Main Dough: 主面团
65g Bread Flour 高筋面粉 65克
45g Sugar 幼糖 45克
1/2 tsp Salt 盐 半小匙
27g Pandan Juice 斑斓汁 27克 （斑斓叶加水打汁）
30g Unsalted Butter (softened) 牛油 30克
If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together all sponge dough ingredients. Cover with cling wrap, let it proof for 1 hour.
2. Add in all main dough ingredients (except butter) to the sponge dough, knead to form a dough. Gradually knead in butter.
3. Continue to knead until the dough passes the windowpane test. Watch this video if you are unsure what is windowpane test.
3. Transfer the dough onto the worktop, roll out the dough to 1.5cm thick, roll up and put the dough into a baking tin.
|Mine is a non-stick baking tin, so I did not grease the tin. |
Lightly grease your baking tin if there's no non-stick coating.
4. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof for 1 hour or doubled in size.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 180'C for 20 minutes (lowest rack), transfer to middle rack, bake another 5 minutes.
If you like my recipe, click here, follow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!