Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Friday 13 June 2014

Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcake with Vanilla Custard Whipped Cream (Baked without oven) 北海道戚风杯子蛋糕


Playing with my boy's food again...just for fun. :)

June 13, 2014

The pictures shown in this blog was my first attempt of Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes. I made this with my Tefal Actifry before I got my oven. It's so soft and fluffy even there's no baking powder or baking soda or cream tartar added in it...it's made of all natural ingredients - EGGS, FLOUR, SUGAR, MILK and OIL! Filled with Vanilla Custard Cream made from scratch. Super delicious! 


I made 6 cupcakes. Only 5 cupcakes in this picture because my boy can't wait to eat the cake before I make the filling... 



Updated December 4, 2014

Christmas is around the corner! This is the time to make some 'snowing' dessert. Here's the recipe to 'bake' Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcake with my air fryer. It's quick and easy. They taste equally good as oven baked chiffon cake! For oven baked recipe, click here for recipe. 


Ingredients: (Yield 6 small cupcakes)

Egg Yolk Batter:
23g Egg Yolk
10g Castor Sugar
18g Oil 
23ml Fresh Milk
30g Cake Flour/ Hong Kong Flour

Meringue:
68g Egg White
20g Castor Sugar 

Icing Sugar for dusting

(The cake recipe is less sweet, customized to pair with the vanilla custard whipped cream which is sweeter in taste)

Prepare the filling in advance. For Vanilla Custard Whipped Cream recipe, click here.

Method:
1. Whisk egg yolk and castor sugar until pale and thick. Add in oil, mix well. 
2. Add in fresh milk, mix well. Sift in cake flour and mix well. Set aside.
3. Whisk egg white until foamy. Add sugar gradually and whisk until stiff peak.
4. Fold egg white into egg yolk batter (3 batches). Pour evenly into 6 small paper cups. 
5. Place on the fryer's pan and cook until lightly brown. Rotate the cake when needed to get an even color cake.


Less batter in each cup.

More batter in each cup.
6. When the cakes are cook through, remove from fryer and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
This was how it looks like when it was fresh from my fryer... 'sinking' is normal. My next attempt may end at this stage. My boy said he likes it even without the filling...That will save me lots of time and effort! lol...
7. Pipe the vanilla custard whipped cream to fill up each cake. Rotate the cake while piping the whipped cream. Dust with icing sugar. Add some fruit topping as desired. Keep in the fridge and serve chilled. If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 

Enjoy!


My 2nd attempt on the following day. My boy like it so much that he asked me to make again. This round, I made 10 cupcakes. Filled in more batter this time, the cakes were 'taller' than the previous batch....with a fresh blueberry on top. 

The next day...this cake is best eaten while it's chilled. Keep in an airtight container and store in the fridge, it's still soft and fluffy the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...