Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Saturday 6 September 2014

Lazy Doggie Sweet Potato Loaf, Sponge Dough Method




When my hubby popped by the kitchen, he asked me 'what is this?' .... At first I thought to draw the doggie mouth, whiskers..etc... but after his very discouraging comment, I had no mood to do anything already. Just cut and eat. 

Yeah, it's a loaf, not a doggie bun. I didn't bake this in a loaf tin because I was so free that day when my hubby and my boy busy setting up the new drum set. 

I thought hard whether to add this recipe to my archives because I personally don't like to eat this. Nothing to do with the taste of the bread, just my personal preference. The texture, same as the very famous 'Lucky Butter Bread' in my home town in Seremban, that I don't like at all. My hubby said the texture is totally fine, just need to make it sweeter.  

This was my first time made bread with sponge dough method. The texture is extremely soft and moist even on the 3rd day still very soft. I am not sure if this the 'standard texture' of the sponge dough method bread. I will try this method again with another recipe. The result....to be updated. :)


Ingredients: Make 1 loaf

Sponge Dough:
115g Bread Flour
10g Plain Flour
1 tsp Instant Yeast
90ml Water

Bread Dough:
115g Bread Flour
10g Plain Flour
1 tbsp Milk Powder
1 tbsp Sugar (can be increased)
1/2 tsp Salt 
130g Mashed Sweet Potato (about 250g sweet potato before steam)
25ml Water (or less, add in gradually) 
20g Butter

Method:
1. Mix all ingredients to form a soft dough. Cover with cling wrap and leave for proof about 1 1/2 hour.
2. Add all the bread dough ingredients (except butter) to the sponge dough and knead until it form a dough. Add in butter and knead until it passes the membrane test.
3. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof for 15 minutes. 
4. Shape and transfer to a baking tin. Let it proof until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 180'C for 20-25 minutes. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...