Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Thursday 2 October 2014

Flowery Jam Sticks 彩色花花果酱棒



Happy Children's Day to all the children! May all of you healthy and happy always :)

In the past, I bought cakes for my boy's school Children's Day party, as I do not have an oven. This year, I planned to bake some cute cookies for them but I was told to bring some chips. Hmm...that's not the right food for small children, i thought but I didn't tell the teacher, of course :) 

So I made this Flowery Jam Sticks. I just thought of this idea this morning when I popped up from my bed at 8am. I was totally out of idea what to make for them even until 1am last night. Baked this colorful finger food filled in the lovely paper plate food holder. Ohh...the DIY paper plate food holder wasn't my idea, I got the idea from Mr. Google, but I'd still share the method here for the very forgetful ME for reference. Just a rough drawing :) 

I'm so happy that my boy and his friends and teachers like my food, yeah they finished all. My boy named it 'Children's Day Food' and he tells me to make this again next year. And so, I created a new label 'Children's Day Food' in my archives here, perhaps next year I will have new inspiration to add on here. :)

Ingredients:


2 Frozen Puff Pastry (defrost, or homemade pastry), I use this:



Some Blueberry Jam or any other flavor
Some Colorful Sprinkles, I use this:





If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!




Method:
1. Preheat oven 200'C.
2. Sprinkle some sprinkles on both pastry sheets. Use a rolling pin, gently roll on it to make it firmly stick on the pastry sheets. 



3. Carefully flip over one of it and spread some jam on it. Just a very thin layer.



4. Place another pastry sheet on top. Press down gently.



5. Use a pastry cutter, cut the pastry sheet into 2. Then cut about 1cm strip each. Place the pastry on the lined baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.






While baking, I made these DIY paper plate food holders. The pictures below, I just roughly draw and take a quick snapshot a while ago, not from this morning. DO NOT draw with a pencil like I did here if you want to keep FOOD inside. :)











This DIY food container can be used for muffins/ cupcakes. Refer Easy Peasy Eggless Banana Walnut Muffins  for more ideas.



If you like my recipe, click herefollow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...