Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Sunday 23 November 2014

Eggless Carrot & Pumpkin Chewy Cookies 南瓜萝卜饼干




These yummy chewy cookies were made by my 5yo. He copied the recipe from CBeebies children channel 'I Can Cook' show. Here's the recipe...



Kid's writing/ drawing are abstract. At least I can read....there are 10 steps. First it's something to do with carrot, then flour, sugar, butter......and on the right is something that you need to use your HANDS. Yeah...with the TV show went on without pausing, I understand how rush was he to copy the recipe in his book. I'm glad that he can explain the whole procedure to me. :) But actually I'm not so genius, Mr google is the genius! I did searched and refer to Cbeebies website for the original recipe but I modified some of the ingredients. So I categorized this as another copycat recipe. 


Ingredients:
30g Unsalted Butter (softened)
30g Brown Sugar
70g Self Raising Flour
30g Steamed Pumpkin
20g Grated Carrot




Method:
1. Preheat oven 200'C. 
2. 
Put flour in a large mixing bowl.
3. 
Add brown sugar.
4. 
Mix the sugar and flour.
5. 
Add in butter.
6. 
Mix with hands until it form crumbly mixture.


7. 
Add in pumpkin. 
8. 
Add in carrot and mix well.
9.
The mixture will be quite sticky at this stage.

Gently pat it and form a dough.
 10.
The dough is sticky but pliable.

11. 
Divide dough into 4 equal sizes.
12. 
Shape as desired and place on a lined baking tray.
13. 
Reduce temperature to 180'C and bake 15-20 minutes.
14. 

The oversized cookies..hahaha...because my little baker only wants to make 4 cookies.

Crispy outside and chewy inside. Nice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...