Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Sunday 9 November 2014

Cheesy Crispy Hash Brown 香脆芝士马铃薯饼

Cheesy Mozerella Hash Brown

Loaded with cheese and cabbage, coated with bread crumbs





Ever since my little boy started to like crispy food, I had been making hash brown myself. I never buy frozen hash brown that added with loads of unnecessarily ingredients... food additives and preservatives that's what I mean. 

My boy's favorite is always the original hash brown that I made using only potatoes, egg and cheese. But sometimes, I'd add some finely chopped cabbage in it..yeah, just want him to eat more vegetables. I personally like the cabbage version, but little boy still prefer no-vege-added hash brown. :)

My version of hash brown is less oily, less salty and more healthy. I have tried many ways of making hash brown. Plain hash brown without any coating, hash brown coated with rice crumbs, hash brown coated with bread crumbs, some added with flour and other ingredients. The version that I like most is the one coated with bread crumbs because I like the crispiness. Coated with bread crumbs, I don't deep fried with oil because the bread crumbs would absorb lots of OIL while deep frying. When I have time, I pan-fry with a little oil and when preparing hash brown for breakfast, I normally use my Tefal Actifry, air-fried hash brown with no mess in my kitchen! Or alternatively, you can bake the hash brown with oven, but it will take much longer time. 


Ingredients: Make 4 hash brown

Important Notes:

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.


注意:



如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!




2 Medium Potato (Peeled and shredded)



1 Egg
50g Shredded Cheese Mix (Mozzarella and Cheddar or Pizza Plus, amount can be increased if the mixture is too wet)
Optional: 50g Cabbage (Finely chopped)


Some Garlic Salt and white pepper for seasoning
Optional: Some Bread Crumbs or Rice Crumbs for coating
Some Olive Oil/ Cooking spray for cooking 

Method:
1. Squeeze the shredded potatoes to dehydrate it. Put in a clean bowl.



2. Add cabbage if used. If not using, skip this step.



3. Add egg. 



4. Add some garlic salt and pepper. Mix to combine.




5. Add shredded cheese. Mix to combine.



6. If the mixture is too dry, reduce the cheese. If the mixture is too wet, add more cheese.



7. If using bread crumbs/ rice crumbs, layer some generous amount of bread crumbs/ rice crumbs on a clean plate. Use an ice cream scoop, scoop the potato mixture and put it on the bread crumbs, shape as desired and make sure the hash brown is well coated. (There's no in-progress pictures shown here because I need two hands to get this job done as quick as possible)



For air-fry method using Tefal Actifry:
8. Grease the Tefal Actifry pan with some olive oil. Place the hash brown on the pan and gently press to flatten. Spray with cooking spray. Cook for 6 minutes, flip over and continue to cook another 4 minutes. Serve immediately.

Please take note that the cooking time is depends on the size of the hash brown. Do adjust accordingly.




Hash Brown coated with bread crumbs cooked with Tefal Actifry


Hash Brown coated with bread crumbs cooked with Tefal Actifry


For pan-fry using skillet:
9. Heat some oil in a skillet, place the hash brown on the skillet and gently press to flatten. 


These are pan-fry hash brown without bread crumbs/ rice crumbs.

10. Cook until nicely browned on the bottom and flip over. Continue to cook until both sides are nicely browned. 




These are my version of pan fried hash brown (without coating). They're  equally delicious!! 

These are my version of pan fried hash brown (without coating). They're  equally delicious!! 




Alternatively you can bake the hash brown in a preheated oven 180'C, bake until golden brown. I never use this method before because the cooking time is too long for me. I like something quick and easy :)

If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE and FOLLOW my page to receive more recipe updates. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...