Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Easy Homemade Pork Floss, cooked in skillet 自制猪肉松,只用平底锅



My dad used the leftover meat from the soup to make pork floss all the time. He bakes bread 2-3 times a week and he used the pork floss as fillings. My boy loves grandpa's homemade pork floss bread and I know I'm gonna learn this someday. 

Here comes my experiment on pork floss making. This pork floss recipe is less sweet compared to the store-bought pork floss. I try not to add so much sugar because it's made for my little boy. I customized this taste to go with sweet bread and porridge. If you happened to read my blog here and would like to try this recipe, do adjust the taste to your personal preference. 

If you are curious to know how I made up the ingredients, see here:


I made my version of pork floss based on this... I have 2 recipes here, one is less sweet that I make to pair with porridge and the improved version tastes more like the store-bought pork floss. 
The pork floss filled in this container is not store-bought :)


The improved version, updated on 27 December 2014


~ COOKED IN NON-STICK PAN ~ 

Ingredients:

300g Meat (boneless) 

Note: I reserved the meat from the soup bones. Right after the soup bones are cooled, use a small fork to remove the meat and keep it in a freezer-safe container. Store in the freezer and accumulate the meat (up to a week). Alternatively, you can use fresh meat, boiled and make the pork floss.



Seasoning:

45g Sugar 

30g Fish Sauce 

15g Light Soy Sauce 

24g Water 


If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claim it as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method:
1. Add seasoning to the meat. Mix well. 


At this stage, the meat should smell good and you can taste it and adjust your seasoning to taste. If it doesn't smell good, discard the meat immediately. I do not responsible for any food poisoning cases. :)
2. Cover with cling wrap and let it marinate for 30 minutes. 

3. Heat a nonstick pan, low - medium heat. Cook the marinated meat, stir constantly until dry and fluffy. About 30 minutes. 


Just started to cook...



After 10 minutes...

After 20 minutes... adjust to very low heat when the meat started to dry up.


The last few minutes...
4. Remove from heat. Spread on a baking pan and let it cool. If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow my Facebook page to receive more recipe updates. 



Updated 27 December 2014

I visited my dad last week and got some very useful advice from him. Here's my revised and improved version of pork floss using a cast iron pan. This can be cooked in a wok. This version is less salty and sweeter in taste, crisper and has no soup smells at all. The good thing is...I can use the leftover meat from any soup :)

平底锅~自制猪肉松~反正煮汤的肉没人吃,用煮了汤的肉做猪肉松,不用花时间把猪肉煮软,即不浪费时间也不浪费食物。除此,你也可以用新鲜的肉,煮软后炒干。


~ COOKED IN CAST IRON PAN ~ 

Ingredients: 


230g Meat (boneless, rinse and drain/ squeeze to remove the smell from the soup)
煮熟的肉 230克,冲一冲水,挤干


Seasoning: 调味料

4 tbsp Sugar 
细砂糖 4汤匙

2 tbsp Fish Sauce 
鱼露 2汤匙

1tbsp Light Soy Sauce (optional, omit this if cooking for young children/ elderly)
酱油 1汤匙,喜欢少咸的可以不放


1tbsp Water 
水 1汤匙

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claim it as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method same as above, but use a cast iron pan and wooden food turner.
步骤:

1. 把所有调味料搅拌均匀。

2. 加入已处理好的肉,混合均匀。盖上,腌30分钟。

3. 放进平底锅,小火炒大概30分钟或至干。即可。若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow my Facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!






After 30 minutes, it's dry and crisp. 


Photo updated 22 April 2015 Looks pale in colour? Nope, just different lighting in the kitchen. :) 




Updated 14 January 2015


The last batch of pork floss that I made was kept in a container and stored in the freezer for about 3 weeks.  Still taste good! I warm it in the skillet and topped on a toast. 

The texture? Crisp and MELT IN MOUTH! 



Photo updated 20 May 2015  
Another batch of melt-in-mouth pork floss

若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to favourite my pages if you wish to see my post on your news feed. 


Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:

By Cindy Seng

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...