Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Thursday 13 November 2014

Malaysian Mamak Style Mee Goreng, Non Spicy Version 马来炒面,无辣






This is Malaysian Mamak Style Mee Goreng aka Indian Muslim Style Fried Noodles. But, my version is non spicy because I'm cooking for my 5 year old son. 

In Malaysia, we used to eat this in Mamak stall. Well, I'm a Mamak stall super fans! I like all the food served in Mamak stall like Roti Canai (aka Pratha), Roti Kertas, Mamak rojak, Maggi Goreng, Teh Tarik and many more...Not forget my favorite sirap limao.


Sirap Limao that I made couple of days ago, just rose syrup, lime, ice and water. Slurp!!
No, I'm not planning to open a Mamak stall in Singapore, just made some of the food that I miss after being apart from my hometown for so many years. Recently I found some very nice Mee Mamak in Singapore, one of it is the Gurney Drive restaurant that served Penang cuisine. However, they can't make the non-spicy fried noodles for my son. So I got to find my way of making it. Yeah I'm a typical mom that want my son to try what his parents likes to eat or used to eat in the past. A way to tell him our 'history'. 

My version of Mee Mamak is pretty closed to the taste of the one in Mamak stall. But my version is a little healthier because I used sweet potato noodles instead of yellow noodles (with yellow food coloring). To cook Mee Mamak, the most important tool is the WOK. The heat that bring out the fragrant of the Mee Mamak, Chinese called this 'Wok Hei' . I'm glad that my cast iron skillet did its job pretty well that gives the 'Wok Hei'. Never use non stick pan to cook Mee Mamak, you may end up with Lo Mein instead of Mee Mamak. :)

Ingredients:

Important Notes:

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.


注意:





如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!



60g Sweet Potato Noodles (or yellow noodles)


Sweet Potato Noodles
(Those stated below were what I have in my fridge today. All these can be replaced with squid, prawns or any other seafood or meat)
Some Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast (Toss with some sesame oil)
Some Thinly Sliced Fish Cake



1 Onion (Thinly sliced)
2 cloves of Garlic (Chopped)
1/2 Tomato (cubes)
2 Eggs



Seasoning:
(A) 
1 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Sweet Soy Sauce


Sweet Soy Sauce

2/3 tbsp Ketchup
2 tbsp water

(B) Add to taste
Curry Powder
White Pepper
Garlic Salt/ salt
Light Soy Sauce

Some oil for cooking
Some water for cooking
Some cooked baby bak choy (or any vegetables), chopped

Method:
1. In a saucepan, bring water to boil. Cook the noodles as directed on the packaging. Drain, toss with sesame oil and set aside.



2. In a bowl, mix all ingredient (A) together.
3. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet/ wok, add garlic and onion. Fry until fragrant.



4. Add tomatoes, meat and fish cake. 



5. When the chicken is cooked through, stir in seasoning (A). Add noodles. Stir fry until the gravy is thick. Move the noodle to one side.



6. Add about a tablespoon of oil on the other side of the skillet, crack the eggs in and drizzle some soy sauce over the eggs. Scramble the eggs until almost cooked, stir together everything. Add a dash of curry powder, garlic salt/ salt and white pepper to taste. Stir in vegetables and remove from heat.



7. Serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...