Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Monday 24 November 2014

Prawn Noodles with Pork Ribs 排骨虾面

Prawn Noodles without prawns?! lol... This soup is cooked with ribs marinated with Teriyaki Sauce, darker in colour, thicker and richer in flavour!

Prawn noodles with pork ribs, this is a kiddy bowl, I served the pork ribs separately. This soup is a mixture of prawn soup and pork rib soup that I cook separately.  

I never have a perfect picture of my prawn noodles. I just served whatever was cooked and simply take a quick snapshot because prawn noodles must be eaten while it's still warm. As for the ingredients, there's no standard measurement in my recipe here because I cook the soup with prawn heads. I don't know how many prawns I bought from the fishmonger as they just pack a big packet of fresh prawns for me. As I said, I hate to handle raw prawns, I will never ever want to weigh the prawn heads because I don't want the 'fishy water' spill on my worktop. I'll just rinse it with water and get it cooked as soon as possible!:P

Ingredients:

Pork Ribs (marinate with some Teriyaki Sauce and Tapioca Flour)
Prawn (shelled, marinate with some salt and sesame oil)

Why I use Teriyaki Sauce: I used to season the ribs with soy sauce and tapioca flour, but there was once I marinated the ribs with Teriyaki Sauce for another dish, but last minute changed to cook prawn noodles. And, the ribs taste superb! 

Prawn Head
Onion (Sliced)
Small Onion (thinly sliced)
Ginger Slices (sliced)
Carrot (thick slices)
Fresh Shitake Mushroom
Cooking Wine (shao xing)

Cooked Noodles, fish cakes, hard-boiled egg and vegetables 
Oil for cooking
Spring Onion (chopped) for garnishing

If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you. 如果您要分享此食谱/内容,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method:
1. Heat a generous amount of oil in a skillet, add small onion. Fry until lightly brown. Drain and set aside.
2. Add onion and ginger slices, fry until fragrant. Add in prawn head and stir fry until the prawn head are cooked (change to orange-red colour). 


3. Drizzle some cooking wine. Add hot boiling water and bring to a boil.


4. Add carrot, mushroom and pork ribs. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.


5. Add prawns and when the prawns are cooked through, remove them from heat. 
6. Strain the soup into a bowl with the cooked noodles and vegetables. Top with some fried onion, fish cake, prawn, hard bowl egg, spring onion...and whatever except the prawn heads! :) 

Tips:
Cook the noodles when the prawn soup is about to be ready. When the noodles are 80% cooked, drain and rinse with cold water. Pour the prawn soup into the saucepan with noodles, bring to a boil and remove from heat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...