Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 December 2014

My Simplest Gingerbread House made with butter cookies 姜饼小屋...牛油饼干版








This is my first attempt making gingerbread house. I made this for my little boy but actually it's more for myself. One of my childhood dream is to EAT an edible house! lol.... Yes, this is 100% true. I remembered when I was small, I read some stories about edible candy house. And I finally made it today. 

I didn't follow exactly those traditional gingerbread cookies recipe because what I really want is a candy house, not gingerbread! So I used butter cookie instead of gingerbread that I don't think my boy or myself would eat. I simplified everything, even the decoration because I was in a hurry to prepare dinner for my boy. Just sprinkled everything on top instead of sticking the candy one by one. Does it looks like after 'candy storm'? lol... Well, I'm satisfied with my little house and my boy was so happy to see it. He was curious about 'who or what is in the little house?' lol...



My boy wondering: who/what is behind the crystal door??
The colored crystal door and window made with FOX candy.


We eat up the house and the gingerbread man. No gingerbread man photos because we ate all before the decoration! lol....

Ingredients:


Important Notes:

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.


注意:



如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!



(A)
100g Unsalted Butter (softened)
60g Icing Sugar

(B)
1 Egg

(C)
200g Plain Flour 
About 1/2 tsp Baking Powder

Some FOX fruity candy (smashed) - optional




Method:
1. Beat (A) until light and fluffy.



2. Add in (B) gradually and beat until well combined.



3. Sift in (C) gradually and mix with low speed until form a dough.
4. Transfer the dough to a cling wrap.



5. Cover and flatten. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.



6. On a lined baking tray, roll out the dough.



7. Place the gingerbread house template on top. 




8. Trim with a pizza cutter. 





9. Bake in a preheated oven 160'C for 20 minutes. For colored crystal design, bake cookies for 10 minutes, remove from oven, add some FOX fruity candy in the 'hole'. Continue to bake another 10 minutes. 



10. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely. 



11. Mean while, prepare the GLUE. Refer Royal Icing recipe.
12. Assemble the house with royal icing and decorate with candy as desired.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...