Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Sunday 25 January 2015

45 mins Chinese Steamed Bun aka Steamed Mantou 45分钟简易蒸馒头

Steamed Mantou served with Stir-fry Sweet Soy Pork Slices

For Stir-fry Sweet Soy Pork Slices recipe, click here.


I have a long list of steamed food recipes pending to be uploaded to my blog. I like to steam food for my boy because it's healthier and less 'heat'. Chinese believes that eating deep fried or baked food will generate body heat that may cause sore throat, cough, body ache... etc. My boy got stiff neck lately, so my dad told me to STOP BAKING. Alright, let's steam, steam and STEAM! It's actually easier for me :)

This is the simplest mantou recipe that I kept. No kneading, just mix everything, shaped, wait and steam. All ready in 45 minutes or 50 minutes if you want to shape it very nicely.


Ingredients and method: (Yield 10 Mantou)

(A)
120g Warm Water
30g Castor Sugar
3/4 tsp Instant Yeast
15g Oil 

1. 
Mix (A) in a mixing bowl.

(B)
250g Hong Kong Flour
1/4 tsp Salt

2.


Add in (B)

3. Mix to form a pliable dough. 


Transfer to a floured worktop.


4. Roll out and divide into 10 balls.



5. Roll out each dough and fold back. Place on the baking sheets. Cover and let it proof for 25 minutes.



6. Steam in a hot steamer for 10 minutes. Serve warm.

Note: For leftover mantou, keep in an air tight container, store in the fridge. Steam again before consume. 

If you like my recipe, click herefollow my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. Enjoy!

Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:


By Caryn Chan



By Caryn Chan




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...