Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Homemade Coconut Milk Ice Cream (without ice cream maker) 自制椰奶雪糕 (不用雪糕机)


It's been a long time I never make ice cream for my little boy. Lately I am craving for food with coconut milk and pandan flavor. So I made this, not for my boy but for myself! I used whipping cream this time and I omit condensed milk because the coconut milk is already creamy and thick. Of course if you like creamy and smooth ice cream, you can substitute the sugar with condensed milk and use thickened cream instead of whipping cream. But I'm totally okay with this texture and taste. I like ice cream that is 'lighter' ... :)


Ingredients:
200ml Whipping Cream



270ml Coconut Milk (Fresh or packet)



3-4 Pandan Leaves
1/3 Cup Castor Sugar (can be reduced for less sweet ice cream or use condensed milk for more creamy texture)

Method:
1. Cook coconut milk and pandan leaves in a saucepan in low heat. Stir constantly and set aside to cool.



2. Whip up whipping cream and sugar to whipped cream consistency.  



3. Fold in to coconut milk in 2 batches. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze over night.







4. Remove from freezer, leave it at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping out the ice cream. And....enjoy! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...