Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Saturday 28 February 2015

Chrysanthemum, HoneySuckle & Wolfberry Drink - Reduce body heat/ fever, Anti-inflammatory 金银花菊花枸杞茶 - 能解毒明目,疏风清热,增强免疫力



This is another easy method to prepare cooling drink taught by my mom. I didn't know about  the usage of honeysuckle until my mom visited me in Singapore few years back. She cooked this for me. 

This is a very 'cooling' drink that I used as a remedy to reduce body heat when my boy fever or when I sense that he is about to fall sick...You may be curious about how I know he is about to fall sick? Hahaha.... certified doctor may need a thermometer to tell if the child is sick but as a SAHM, by looking at his face, I know :) 

For regular cooling drink, I omit the honeysuckle. Just chrysanthemum flower, wolfberry and rock sugar/ honey sugar is good enough. 

Bear in mind, do not add too much honeysuckle as this ingredient is very 'cooling' and the drink would turn out bitter if added too much in it. I just found out that the chinese tonic shop in Singapore - ZTP 正中平 is selling the pre-packed chrysanthemum and honeysuckle. But seriously, this is so easy to prepare that I don't see the NEED to get a pre-packed one. ;)


Ingredients: (Yield 2-3 servings)

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!



1 Cup Chrysanthemum flower 菊花
(get the yellow one for boiling, not the white one or flower bud for tea.)

About 1 tbsp Honey Suckle 金银花

2 tbsp Wolfberry 枸杞



1/2 pc Licorice root 甘草 , use 1 pc if you like the taste of it. 1/2 pc is about 1 inch

Honey Rock Sugar to taste 石蜂糖(or rock sugar)

1 Honey Dates (optional, I only add this when my boy cough)

3.5 Cup Water (room temperature)



Method:

1. If using honey dates, add 1.5 cup of water and bring to boil. Simmer for 20 minutes. 

2. Add all ingredients in a saucepan/ pot (except sugar). Bring to boil.





3. Reduce heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Add sugar to taste. Simmer for 3-5 minutes. Strain and serve warm or chilled.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...