Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Sunday 26 April 2015

Purple Sweet Potato Balls in Mung Bean Sweet Soup 紫薯丸子绿豆糖水



One of the Asian delights that is not only delicious but it is wonderful for clearing toxins from our body, added purple sweet potatoes which is a great source of dietary fibre and high in anti inflammatory benefits which are beneficial to overall health.

I made this dessert quite some times ago when my parent and sisters came to visit me in Singapore. My sister sent me a message.... 'Cook tong shui (aka sweet soup) for us...' , and that was a very last minute request. 

This was my first attempt making purple sweet potato balls. I followed a recipe that I found from google search, but the texture was totally out of what I wanted. Trial and error...I continued to modify the flour ratio to get the right texture that I wanted. A little springy but soft, just nice for the elderly (my parent). I'm happy that my parent and sisters gave me 8 thumbs up for this!  :)




Ingredients:

To prepare mung bean soup: 绿豆糖水食谱,点击以下链接。

Click here for Mung Bean Sweet Soup recipe.



To prepare Purple Sweet Potato Ball: 紫薯丸子食谱:

1 cup Mashed Sweet Potato 紫薯泥 1杯


Steamed and sieved to get a smooth puree.


15g Tapioca Flour 木薯粉 15克

15g + 1 tbsp Corn Flour  玉米粉 15克+1汤匙

3 tbsp Glutinous Flour 糯米粉 3 汤匙

3 Tbsp Sugar 糖 3 汤匙

Some water 水 ,适量





If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method:

1. Cook the mung bean soup. Set aside. 
先煮一锅绿豆糖水。

2. Mix all ingredients together. Form a dough. 
把所有材料混合,搓成团。

3. Roll out the dough. 
分割。


This was the natural color of the purple sweet potato.
I didn't add any colouring and I didn't edit the color of this photo. 

4. Cut into small pieces. 
切小。




5. Cook in hot boiling water. Rinse with ice water. Serve with warm mung bean soup
把紫薯丸子放进沸水中煮熟,过冰水。配上绿豆糖水即可享用。若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...