Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Thursday 25 June 2015

Crispy Roasted Pork Belly 简易脆皮烧肉


Easy Crispy Roasted Pork Belly aka Siew Yuk/ Sio Bak recipe, with step by step tutorial for home cooks to make this at home.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 2015. 

My first attempt. Roasted Pork Belly. 

I never expect anything like this, the skin was so crispy, crunchy and the meat was juicy and tasty!







I don't need to use a huge butcher knife to cut this. 

My little serrated knife did a pretty good job on this. Probably it's because the skin is puffy and crisp, so it's easy to cut. 




Front view...



Side view...




Top and inside...


This is my hubby's favourite. He'd order this whenever we dine out in Chinese restaurant. Those were costly! About 2cm x 2cm cut (or slightly smaller), 6 pcs for SGD 8+ or SGD 12+ . 

A nice cut of belly did affect the texture and taste of the roasted pork. 





 I didn't follow exactly any recipe. Well, I had been eating roasted pork since my childhood day, I roughly know what sort of ingredients to add in it, just not sure how to grill it. 

Inspired by an old friend of mine who made very nice roasted pork, she did hers with her trusty oven. Initially I planned to use my air fryer to air fry the belly but I bought a very nicely cut belly, so I decided to follow my friend's method, roasted in an oven. 






Ingredients: 材料


650g Pork Belly  五花腩 650克 



Seasoning: 调味料

1 tsp Shao Xing Wine 绍兴花雕酒 1小匙

1 heap tsp Garlic Salt 蒜盐 1小匙

1/2 tsp Sugar 糖 半小匙

Dash of Five Spice 五香粉 少许

Dash of Pepper 胡椒粉 少许




Some Distilled White Vinegar 白醋 适量

Some generous amount of Coarse Salt 粗盐 适量


Tools:

Oven, tweezer, aluminium foil, bamboo skewers, deep roast tray, baking tray






If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


Method: 步骤


Day 1: 第一天

1. Wash and dry the pork belly with kitchen towel.
把五花腩洗净,用厨房纸巾抹干。




2. Make sure it is dry thoroughly. Transfer to a plate, skin side down. Rub the seasonings all over (except the skin).
把五花腩放在碟上,皮部向下。把调味料涂在上面。看下图。






3. Flip over, dry the skin again with kitchen towels.
翻面,用厨房纸巾抹干猪皮。







4. Keep in the fridge overnight to dry and marinate. Do not cover the belly, I keep this in the chill room.
放进冰箱腌隔夜。不要盖上。


Day 2: 第二天

5. Remove from the fridge. The skin should be dry at this stage. Remove hair (if there's any) with a tweezer. 
从冰箱取出,五花腩的表皮应该是干了的。如果猪皮有毛,可以拔掉。




I pluck out less than 10 hairs... nice, cleaned belly 






6. Carefully prick the skin layer with bamboo skewers. 
用尖竹枝或铁枝把猪皮刺透。






7.  Transfer to a baking tray. Cover the bottom and sides with aluminium foil. Preheat oven 200'C.
把五花腩的底部用锡纸包好,放在烤盘上。预热烤箱 200度。







8. Brush a thin layer of vinegar on the skin. Leave it to dry. When the oven is ready, cover the skin with generous amount of coarse salt. 
猪皮的表面涂一层醋。放在风扇下吹干。干了后,铺上一层粗盐。看下图。







9. Bake at 200'C for 35 minutes. (Note to myself: Rack 2, Traditional Mode). Remove from oven, discard salt. Transfer the belly to a deep roast rack.
放进已预热的烤箱,以200度烘烤35分钟(上下火,中层)。取出,把盐丢掉。把烧肉放在烤架上。





10. Return to oven, grill for 20-25 minutes or until the skin crackling, puffy and crisp.

(Note to myself: Rack 2, Grill mode, Last 3-5 minutes Gratin Mode)

放进烤箱,烤20-25分钟或至皮脆。


11. Remove from oven, let it cool for 8-10 minutes on the rack. 
取出烤架,放置8-10分钟待凉。




12. Cut into your desired size and enjoy!
切好便可享用。如果采用比较大片的五花腩,可以参考下面更新的烘烤温度和时间。




Tips:

For the bamboo skewers, I used Daiso yakitori skewers which is more solid and hard. The long bamboo skewers bought from NTUC is too soft to prick the thick pork skin. Or alternatively, you can get the wooden tool with sharp nails on it, that is especially for this purposes. I found one but I didn't buy, because my kitchen storage is too limited for it lol...




Just 2 of us, my 6yo son and I finished 650g belly... Scary? lol... That's our lunch and dinner.
Today is a busy day, rushing in and out for extra classes. So for our quick fixed dinner,
I used the leftover belly to cook this very delicious Stir Fried Sweet Soy Sauce Belly to serve with rice.
Mom's used to cook this for us when we were small, kinda miss this dish and mom of course :)




Updated 3 Sept 2015




I had been making this almost every week. This time, I need to update with a picture here because I used different temperature and baking mode that I need to take note for this huge belly.



Bake at 210'C for 35 minutes, traditional mode, rack 2
以210度烘烤35分钟,上下火

Remove from oven, discard salt, transfer to rack.
取出,把盐丢掉。把烧肉放在烤架上。

Bake 210'C for 30 minutes, traditional mode, rack 2
以210度烘烤30分钟,上下火

Transfer to rack 3, 210'C traditional mode, bake until the skin crackling to the MAX :)
放在烤箱的上层,以210度烘烤至脆皮。

若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 

Enjoy!


Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:


By Jess Chen






By Serene Teo
By Chunyan Tan

By Yvonne Gan

By Yvonne Gan


By Swee Fong Lim


By Jolene Ang


By Sandy Wong

Feedback, by Sandy Wong
By Kenix Chong

By Julie Koh
By Ai Lin Lee

Feedback from Wong Mei Ling 

By Ai Lin Lee 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...