Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Monday 22 June 2015

Steamed Chinese Rice Rolls (aka Chee Cheung Fun) 自制蒸肠粉



Homemade Plain Chee Cheung Fun / Chinese Rice Roll
Photo updated: April 2019

Hong Kong/ Cantonese Dim Sum restaurant is one of our family favourite dining place. I don't cook during the weekends and we usually dine out. I have a list of dim sum that I wanted to try to cook at home. Scallop Cheung Fun (aka scallops rice rolls) is one of it. That's my son's favourite! 

Today, I finally made it! Scallops Cheung Fun, Spring Onion Cheung Fun and plain ones. Let me tell you, it's really not easy to roll the Cheung Fun. I don't have a large steamer like the one used in the Dim Sum restaurant, I used my humble steamer with a small rectangle baking tin to steam it. 


These are plain Cheung Fun.
They're still soft and moist after 2 hours
(or more, I'm not sure because we finished all 8 Cheung Fun in the morning, just 2 of us!) 

Photo taken in year 2015
Spring Onion & Scallops Cheung Fen
Photo taken in year 2015

I failed on the first roll. Yes, all crumbled into pieces. While I'm thinking whether to continue with the 2nd roll, my son ate it and he tells me 'Mommy, it's yummy you know, I like it!' 


My first Cheung Fun, that failed...but my boy said it's yummy!
You are my sweet baby!  

Thanks to my little boy who gave me the courage to continue with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th......8th rolls. I then managed to roll it up without breaking it into pieces. And again, practice makes perfect, but my Cheung Fun, yet to be perfect! I need more practice :) 





Ingredients: (Yield 8 Cheung Fun/ rice rolls)


Dry Ingredients:

100g Rice Flour 粘米粉

10g Tapioca Flour 木薯粉

10g Corn Flour 玉米粉

1/2 tsp Salt 盐



350ml Water 水

3 tbsp Oil 油


Fillings:

Scallops/ Spring Onion/ Char Siew or any filling of your preference. Or you can omit these if you like it plain 
自己喜欢的馅料-带子,葱,叉烧等



1 stalk of Spring Onion (chopped) for garnishing 葱


Sauce: Mix all ingredients, bring to boil. Remove from heat, set aside.
酱料 :全部拌均后煮滚,离火备用。

2 tbsp Warm Water 水 2汤匙

1.5 tbsp Soy Sauce  酱油 1.5汤匙

1/2 tsp Sesame Oil 麻油 1/2小匙

1/2 tbsp Sugar 细砂糖 1/2汤匙
(can be increased to 1tbsp if you like it sweeter. 喜欢较甜的可以放1汤匙糖)







If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you. 

如果您要分享此食谱/内容,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method:


1. In a bowl, mix together all dry ingredients, water and oil until no lumps. 

将所有材料混合,搅拌均匀




2. Lightly grease a baking tin/ tray (only grease once). Preferably rectangle/ square. 

在蒸盘上涂些食油


3. Pour a thin layer of batter just enough to cover the base. Steam in a hot steamer for 1 minute.

铺一层薄薄的面糊在蒸盘。蒸1 分钟。



4. Add fillings if using. 

加馅料


I snapshot by random. This was the Spring Onion Cheung Fun.



5. Cover and continue to steam for 2 minutes. Remove from the steamer, roll up and transfer to a serving dish.

蒸2 分钟。取出蒸盘,卷起。



I snapshot by random, this was the scallops Cheung Fun.



I snapshot by random, this was the Spring Onion Cheung Fun.

6. Repeat step 3-5 to use up all the batter.

重复步骤 3-5 直到用完面糊。

Note: 

1. For plain Cheung Fun, steam 3 minutes.没馅料的肠粉,蒸3分钟。


2. To yield smooth rice roll, scrape the rice roll in one movement without lifting up the scraper. 

7. Garnish with sauce and spring onion. Serve warm or you can keep the left over for at least 2 hours (or longer, depends on the room temperature). We made 8 rolls today, finished 6 rolls at one go, we ate the leftover after 2 hours, still remain soft and moist.)
配上酱料和葱。 若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。
If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Don't forget to change the setting to 'SEE FIRST' if you wish to see my post on your Facebook news feed. 


Enjoy!



By readers, feedback from those who have tried this recipe:


By Khloe Ng 

By Khloe Ng

By Ruyeras Mel



By Madeline Chan


By Angel Oo

By Angel Oo


By Jaime Lee


By Cassandra Chee 
By Mey Chan


By Audrey Hoon

By Audrey Hoon

By Jane Tong


By Pauline Tan


By Melanie Ruyeras

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...