Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Thursday 13 August 2015

Braised Pork Ribs With Bitter Gourd 古早味的苦瓜焖排骨



It's been a long time I never cook this. The last time I cooked this was about 3 years ago. And, that was my first attempt. No bad huh? :) That was before I start my blogspot. 


This is the photo that I shared among my personal friends on Facebook.
My first attempt cooking Braised Pork Ribs with Bitter Gourd.


I don't expect my little boy to eat bitter gourd. Seriously, I'm not a fan of it! I don't like bitter gourd soup, bitter gourd fried egg...etc etc. But braised it with pork ribs or chicken, that's one of my favourite. Mom used to cook these for us, love it so much!!

It's important to get rid of the bitterness because I really can't take bitter food. Really taste like medicine to me lol.... Mom taught me to rub salt on it, let it stand for a while, then wash off. The first time works!! but this time, not sure the reason...the bitter gourd still a little bitter even after all these acts. Probably I bought an extremely bitter Bitter Gourd?! lol...



Ingredients and Method:

If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claimed as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!


Prime Ribs

Bitter Gourd 






If you wish to get rid of some bitterness
Rub generous amount of salt and let it stand for 30-60 mins, rinse off with cold water. 



(A)

Tapioca Flour

Sugar

Shao Xing Wine

Soy Sauce


(B)

Ginger (sliced)

Garlic (sliced)


Fermented Soy Bean Paste




Rock Sugar

Hot Water

Oyster Sauce




Method:

1. Add (A) to the pork ribs. Cover and let marinate in the fridge overnight.






2. Heat oil in a skillet. Add garlic and ginger, stir fry until fragrant.




3. Add fermented soy bean paste. Stir fry until fragrant.




4. Add in marinated pork ribs.





5. Add a little bit more of the soy bean paste and stir fry until the edges is slightly brown. At this point, the meat is not cook through yet.




6. Add some hot water, transfer everything to a slow cooker. Or alternatively can be cooked in a pot on stove top.




7. The water level is just enough to cover the ribs. Cover and let it cook for 2 hours.

8. Add in bitter gourd.





9.  Gently level the bitter gourd so it's soaked in it. Add some rock sugar and oyster sauce to taste.




10. Cover and let it cook another 3 hours or more.




The meat is so tender! can be easily removed from the bones. So yummy, even my 6yo love it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...