Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Friday 11 September 2015

Soft & Springy Wholemeal Bun 全麦小餐包



Now is the September term 3 school holiday. I never plan to bake bread this holiday but tell you what, this is my second batch of bread since the school holiday started last week. Yeah, that's what usually happens. When I planned to bake, I ended up baking nothing. And, when there's no plan, my oven works really hard! lol

Baked these buns because I booked an appointment to get my hair colour done the following day. As a 'CEO at home', I must make sure my kid is well-fed before I leave the house. If you are a SAHM, you'll know what I mean.

2nd day, the buns were still soft and springy.
Ham and egg burgers for the kiddo. 

This is how I transformed the wholemeal buns into mini burgers. Son loves it!

I have a regular size egg mould but I hardly use it because I only make kid's size bun for now.
So I used a round cookie cutter to cook the egg.
The size of this fried egg is just perfect to pair with my mini wholemeal bun. 

These buns are soft and springy, here's a video to show the texture of the bun.



Ingredients: Yield 9 mini buns

(A)

200g Bread Flour

100g Wholemeal Flour

10g Milk Powder

40g Sugar

1 tsp Salt

1 1/2 tsp Yeast

(B)

165g Water (room temperature)

30g Oil

(C)

Some softened butter, about 5-10g (optional)

(D)

Sesame seeds (optional)

Revisit this recipe and baked these yummy wholemeal buns for the son's breakfast burger.  
I tweaked the recipe a little, using superfine wholegrain flour, the texture is soft and fluffy!
Note: Baking temperature 170'C, 15 mins. Photo Updated: August 2023 

Son simple school-day's breakfast - wholemeal bun with beef Yakiniku, fried egg and grilled King Oyster mushroom. Photo updated: August 2023.

If you are sharing this recipe/ blog content, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog. No parts of the content of this blog may be reproduced without prior written permission. All rights reserved. Thank you. 
如果您要分享此食谱/内容,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method:

1. Mix (A) in a mixing bowl. Stir in (B). Form a dough.

2. Knead till the dough is elastic and pass the membrane test/ window pane test. If the dough is too dry, knead in (C). 

3. Cover with cling wrap, let it proof for 60 minutes. 


4. Transfer the dough to a greased worktop, punch down. Divide the dough into 9 portions and roll into balls. Place on a lined baking tray.



5. Cover and let it proof for 60 minutes.



6. Egg wash and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top (if using).




7. Bake in a preheated oven 190'C for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

8. Remove from oven, brush with some softened butter. 


9. Transfer to a rack to cool.






10. When it's cooled completely, you can make this⬆️ right away! ;)
若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。
If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Remember to favourite my pages if you wish to see my post on your news feed. 

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...