Click LIKE & follow us on Facebook for recipe updates

COOK WITH LOVE FOR A HAPPY HIM

Singapore home cooking/ baking/ food & recipe blog features more than 500 tried & tested, quick & easy kid friendly recipes with steps by steps tutorial.


Follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood


If you're a company looking for possible collaboration, feel free to send me a message via Miki's Food Archives Facebook Fan Page or email to miki9mak@gmail.com


Search This Blog

Monday 1 February 2016

Copycat Ding Tai Fung Prawn Pancake 脆皮虾饼(山寨版的鼎泰丰虾饼)

Photo updated May 4, 2017

My boy loves dining at Din Tai Fung restaurant during the weekend. I don't need to ask him what he wants to eat because he has a 'standard' list of food to order and these are the only food that he eats at Din Tai Fung restaurant ~ Fried Rice, Vegetable Pork Dumpling soup and Prawn Pancake.  

Photo updated: April 2019


A few weeks back, I promised him to make the prawn pancake for him at home. I did some research online. Well, so far....up to date (2016), there's only ONE similar recipe posted by Elaine (Wokking Mom). However, I did not follow her recipe. Hmm...I'm not going to disclose the reason, everyone has different ways/methods of cooking, I don't judge other bloggers' recipes. ;)


First attempt
January 2016
My 2nd attempt - Ding Tai Fung Prawn Pancake.
This time I used coriander instead of spring onion, the taste is 95% the same as the original one, just that I pan-fried instead of deep-fried, my version is less oily.

Updated: 17 February 2016


As you continue to read this blog, you may notice that I only use a few simple ingredients to make this pancake. To me, less is more. Especially for this recipe, the main ingredient that I used is good quality prawn. There's really no need to add too much seasoning to it. 

Well, the one that I made, my boy and I approved! it tastes really similar to the one we had at Din Tai Fung restaurant. I did not measure each of the ingredients used because I made a small portion, it's pretty tough to get the exact measurement. I have drafted out the ingredients with measurement (rough estimation). Feel free to use the recipe as a guide and reference, do adjust the taste according to your own preference. ;)


Homemade Din Tai Fung - Inspired Crispy Prawn Pancake

Ingredients: 1 serving

100g Prawn (good quality fresh prawn, peeled and deveined) 新鲜虾肉 100克
(use 150g if you like it thicker. 喜欢较厚的,用150克)

Some Shredded Carrots 萝卜丝 切碎

Chopped Spring Onion/ Coriander 葱/芫西 切碎 (放芫西的味道比较接近)

Tapioca Flour 木薯粉

1 Beancurd Sheet 腐皮

Some Toasted Sesame Seeds (optional, I like it more fragrant!) 芝麻(可以不放)

Egg White 蛋白


Seasoning: 调味料

*About 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt 蒜盐 1/2 小匙
*I'm using MasterFoods garlic salt, if you're using another brand, do adjust the amount accordingly. 不同牌子的蒜盐咸度不一样,这个分量是根据我用的MasterFoods 蒜盐的咸度配搭的。如果不是用这牌子,请自行调味。


Dash of White Pepper 胡椒粉

1/2 tsp Sesame Oil 麻油 1/2 小匙






If you are sharing this recipe, kindly attach the link to this blog instead of screen capture/ copy & paste/ use in your blog and claim as your recipe! Thank you.

如果您要分享此食谱,请联系这个部落格的相关链接。敬请不要复制或改篇为自己的食谱。谢谢!

Method:

1. Minced the prawn into 'paste'. Sprinkle seasoning and mix until well combined. Add in carrot, spring onion/ coriander and sesame seeds, mix well. 
把虾肉剁碎至起胶。撒上适量的调味料(腐皮有咸味,调味料的份量只需少许)。加入胡萝卜,葱/芫西和芝麻,搅拌均匀。




2. Flour a plate/ worktop with tapioca flour, place a beancurd sheet and spread a layer of prawn paste, brush some egg white on the sides, layer top with another beancurd sheet. 
桌上撒些木薯粉,放一层腐皮(腐皮先用湿布抹过)。在腐皮上铺一层虾肉胶,在腐皮的四周涂一层薄薄的蛋白,盖上另一片腐皮。





3. Gently press to flatten, seal the sides. Sprinkle some tapioca flour on the beancurd sheet. 
轻轻把盖好的虾饼压平。撒上一些木薯粉。

4. Keep in the fridge for 30 minutes.
盖好放进冰箱待30分钟。




5. Heat oil in a skillet, pan fry or deep fry until golden brown and crispy. Serve warm.

Those in the pictures that I'm sharing here was pan-fried, less oily version ;). It will look better if you deep fry it with oil but of course, more oil in your pancake. 
烧热少许油,虾饼下锅煎至两面香脆金黄色即可。我的做法是煎的,如果要更香脆,可以下锅油炸,但是会比较油腻。若喜欢我的食谱,可以LIKE和追随我的面书专页,不要错过最新食谱发布。

If you like my recipe, click hereLIKE & follow Miki's Food Archives Facebook page or follow us on Instagram: mfa_dingoozatfood  to receive more recipe updates. Remember to favourite my pages if you wish to see my post on your news feed. 

Enjoy!

Some feedback from those who have tried this recipe:


By Jenny Toh






By Quek Seok Bin


By Janice Looi 
By Annie Tan
By Kelly Pang





By Evelyn Ng
By Peixia Low






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...