Pandan Custard Soft Bread made using Sponge Dough Method are so soft and the bread stay soft for days. Added custard filing to the fragrant pandan bread, these bread tastes heavenly.
This was my 2nd attempt using sponge dough method after I baked the Lazy Doggie Sweet Potato Loaf back in September 2014. The outcome was totally different from my first attempt.
I can't tell exactly how long it would stay soft because we finished eating the bread on the next day. However, based on the 2nd day texture, I believed it would still soft on the 3rd day. You may scroll down to the end of this blog post to read some of the reviews from my readers who have tried this recipe.
|I used the same recipe for Pandan Rolls with custard toppings. |
Modified the shaping method, the rolls turned out even softer and lighter than my previous attempt.
Photo updated: 17 May 2016
|Made some plain pandan rolls without fillings.|
Photo updated: 17 May 2016
|Photo updated: 17 May 2016|
Here's a video to show how I rolled the bread dough.
Remarks on Step 4 - Roll out the dough twice with 10 mins resting in between.
|Day 2... Plain Pandan Rolls packed for my son to snack on after school excursion.|
Photo updated 18 May 2016
|Day 3... The pandan rolls remain soft and light. Filled with some custard, packed for my son to eat during school recess.|
Photo updated 19 May 2016
|This recipe was featured in Asian Food Channel official Facebook Fan Page.|
7 June 2016
Sponge Dough: 中种面团：
200g Bread Flour 高筋面粉 200克
4g Instant Yeast 酵母 4克
16g Milk Powder 奶粉 16克
25g Egg (lightly beaten) 蛋液 25克
26g Pandan Juice (blend pandan leaves with water) 斑斓汁 26克 （斑斓叶加水打汁）
72g Fresh Milk 鲜奶 72克
Main Dough: 主面团
65g Bread Flour 高筋面粉 65克
45g Sugar 幼糖 45克
1/2 tsp Salt 盐 半小匙
27g Pandan Juice 斑斓汁 27克 （斑斓叶加水打汁）
30g Unsalted Butter (softened) 牛油 30克
Filling: Mix together, cover with cling wrap, set aside. Un-use portion can be kept in the fridge.
100g Instant Custard Powder 即溶卡斯塔粉 100克
150g Hot Water 热水 150克
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together all sponge dough ingredients. Cover with cling wrap, let it proof for 1 hour.
2. Add in all main dough ingredients (except butter) to the sponge dough, knead to form a dough. Gradually knead in butter.
3. Continue to knead until the dough passes the windowpane test. Watch this video if you are unsure what is windowpane test.
3. Divide dough into 8 portions. Cover with cling wrap and let it sit for 10 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough, add custard filling and shape as desired. Cover with cling wrap and let it proof for 1 hour or doubled in size.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 180'C for 15 minutes.
If you like my recipe, click here, LIKE & FOLLOW my facebook page to receive more recipe updates. If you already LIKED my page but did not see my recipes on your Facebook News Feed, click here, go to my page:
~ select FOLLOWING (next to LIKED)
~ change the setting to SEE FIRST
|By Geri Loke|
|By Felicia Lo|
|By Ailin Hasby|